People who are overweight, compared to those with a normal or healthy weight, are at increased risk for many serious diseases and health conditions such as:
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides
- Type 2 diabetes
- Coronary heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
- Sleep apnoea and breathing problems
- Low quality of life
- Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders
- Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning
There may be many underlying reasons that are effecting your weight loss journey, you many not be keeping track of what you’re eating, not eating enough protein, eating too many calories, not eating whole foods, binge eating, not participating in enough fitness, sugar consumption, not sleeping well, consuming the wrong carbohydrates, eating too often, not drinking enough water, drinking too much alcohol, not eating mindfully, a medical condition that is making things harder, medication, gut dysbiosis, leaky gut, hormonal imbalances, dieting for too long and too focused on dieting.
Investigations and lifestyle changes are an effective and accurate way of identifying and supporting your journey.